Training Overview IT Project Management
Designed by seasoned project managers for project managers, this 3-day seminar steps through the full life cycle of information technology (IT) project management. Targeted for serious IT project managers who need to handle tough projects, this training covers the basics of project management, including requirements writing, work breakdown structures, and planning techniques, then introduces phase/gate reviews, work packages, risks and other advanced topics. Learn to develop strong cross-functional teams, create solid project scope statements, handle changes and scope-creep, and keep your senior management support. And the training incorporates *PMBOK© GuideAligned.
Who Should Attend IT Project Management Training
This training is intended for project managers running medium-to-large scale and cross-functional projects. Functional managers, line managers, and architects who work as group leaders on projects and are responsible for developing parts of projects or sub-projects should also attend.
This training is specially designed for:
Project Managers, Architects & Groups Leaders, Functional & Line Managers, IT. But it could be attended by Developers and Staff, Advanced Project Managers, Senior Managers, Business Analysts, PMO/Project Specialist, Technical, Non-Technical, Pharma/Biomed, etc.
Training Objectives IT Project Management Training
The participants will get the knowledge and skills of IT Project Management i.e.:
- Project models and frameworks
- How to write IT project requirements
- Building the project team in project and matrix environments
- The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), including Work Packages and project phases
- Gantt Charts, precedence diagrams and Critical Path Methodology (CPM)
- Use CPM to balance resources across project and functional responsibilities
- How to develop a realistic project plan
- Project change management
- Prototyping and piloting to achieve stakeholder buy-in
- How to handle project riskand change management to prevent scope creep
Training Benefits IT Project Management Training
- Distinguish achievable goals from un-achievable goals
- Develop a project scope that generates buy-in from senior managers and stakeholders
- Get your projects done on-time, every time.
- Work with functional managers to balance resources across the organization
- Create a successful plan — even with difficult projects
- Handle changes throughout the full project life- cycle
- Do things right — the first time
- Build and maintain senior management support
- Build a project plan
- Develop strong project teams, both inside your department and across departments
- Successfully handle 3rd party vendors
AGENDA AND MATERIAL IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING
- Foundation for Success
The first module focuses on establishing a solid foundation for project management and the seminar. We establish a common language, identify common and specific problems facing project managers, and review project frame- works.
- Project quality defined
- Identify specific issues plaguing IT project management in your environment
- Establish a common language
- Define Project Scope and Requirements
Project scope definition is probably the least understood area within the common project management frame- works. In this second module, we examine successful techniques for developing a solid project scope.
- Align your projects with organizational objectives
- Writing IT requirements
- Ensure client and stakeholder buy-in and agreement
- Including infrastructure requirements
- Build quality into your project
- Develop the Project Work Plan
Once the project scope is developed and agreed-upon, the project manager works with their team to develop the project work plan. Here, we examine the work breakdown structure, work packages, and project phases.
- Build a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Prototyping and piloting
- Employ a Work Package Dictionary to build quality into your project
- Successful work package ingredients in an IT environment
- Identify project Phases to ensure senior management support
- Identify and Build your Project Team
The project team must be cohesive and productive. Learn how to develop and maintain a solid project team even in a matrix environment.
- Handling projects in a matrix environment
- Align the right skills for the project’s activities
- Identify and handle conflict
- Managing staff which doesn’t report to you
- Get your team working together — fast!
- The Precedence Diagram and the Critical Path
The project precedence diagram and critical path provide the project manager with the tools they need to handle changes, focus the right resources, and handling high-risk issues easily and proactively.
- Establish the flow of project work
- Create the precedence diagram and identify the Critical Path
- Using the critical path to ensure success
- How to Estimate Work
Estimating does not need to be guess-work. Learn the secrets to successful task estimating.
- The keys to good estimating
- Estimating softwaredevelopment
- Confirming 3rd party vendor estimates
- Early estimating techniques
- Communicating the Project and the Project Management Plan
Once your project plan has been developed, learn to communicate the plan to generate buy-in and acceptance.
- Determine what needs to be communicated, and to whom
- Charting, graphics, and other communication formats
- Communicating with clients
- Communicating with senior managers
- Communicating with other stakeholders
- Project Execution and Control
Simple, yet effective project control helps the project manager know where to spend their time to ensure success without loosing sleep. Learn the techniques for successful project execution and control.
- Types of project control methods
- Successful systems integration techniques
- Building quality into the project
- Identifying problems before they become problems
- Project status meetings
- Project change management — preventing scope creep
- Ensuring client acceptance
- How to Close a Project
Probably the highest return on investment in project management today, the project closure, including lessons learned helps ensure success for your next projects. Learn the techniques for handling lessons learned as well as administrative and stakeholder closure for your projects.
- Conducting a lesson’s learned session
- Administrative closure
- Incorporating lessons learned into your next projects
DURASI TRAINING: 3 Hari + 1 Hari Ujian
TEMPAT TRAINING :
- HSP Academy Training Center (Dengan peserta maksimal 18 orang)
- Hotel POP BSD, Grand Zuri BSD atau Fame Hotel Gading Serpong (Dengan peserta diatas 18 orang)
- Biaya Training : Rp. 5,500,000,- (Lima Juta Lima Ratus Ribu Rupiah)
- Biaya Sertifikasi BNSP : 5,000,000,- (Lima Juta Rupiah)
HSP Academy Training Center
Ruko Graha Boulevard Blok D 26 Gading Serpong – Tangerang
Tlp. (021) 55686090 atau 55686097
Hand Phone: 0822 9980 1099 atau 0812 1990 1006 atau 0812 8190 8009
$$$$ Training Objectives IT Project Management Training $$$$$$