|Capability Maturity Model|
|Instructor||Fauzi Hasan, DR, Ir. MM, MBA, PMP, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, CISM, CMPP, CSCP, CGeIT, APICS, ITIL, CE-PM, APICS|
|Description||This course will offer an overview of the Capability Maturity Model and its applicability to many areas in information systems (data management, process improvement, governance, data warehousing, etc.). The participants will gain an understanding of the CMM, learn about the various CMM levels and CMM’s role in measuring internally the maturity of an organization’s efforts in one or more areas, and will learn about how to develop a plan for instituting a CMM strategy within their organization.Each participant will create a basic plan for employing the CMM for their organization and have the opportunity to review it with the instructor and other participants. The two day course presents a comprehensive overview of the Capability Maturity Model developed by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI).
The course material presents practical examples of how to meet CMM requirements, taken from techniques currently used by world class software organizations. Guiding principles are presented for project management,quality assurance, configuration management, corporate policies and process definition, and determining return-on-investment (ROI). CMM is a proven methodology for planning, managing, controlling, and measuring project work across four disciplines: systems engineering, software engineering, supplier management, and integrated product and process development.
The course is built around a series of lectures, class exercises, and class discussions. The scope of the course includes discussion of the components of the CMM including Process Areas, Generic Goals, Generic Practices, Specific Goals, and Specific Practices. The course also includes descriptions of the 5 Maturity Levels and the various Capability Levels.
|Objectives||At the completion of this course, the participants should be able to :
· Understand the background of and the purpose of the CMM
· CMM benefits
· Basic structure of the CMM and related maturity models
· CMM content and structure (key process areas, key process indicators, levels, etc,)
· How to develop a basic plan for measuring maturity in your organization for data management, process improvement, governance, etc.
· Further activities within organizations for CMM and related maturity efforts such as:
o Understand the general scope and intention of the CMM
o Understand the structure and purpose of the model’s component framework;
o Gain the knowledge needed to begin implementing the model;
o Demonstrate an understanding of how CMM may be applied within their organizations to meet process improvement goals.
|Target Audience||The course is recommended for senior managers, project managers, Software Engineering Process Groups (SEPGs), and software professionals who desire an in-depth understanding of software maturity principles.This introductory course is intended for four broad categories of participants:
· Technical practitioners who may be required to operate under or help implement a CMMI program.
· Process analysts who may be required to design or monitor a CMMI program.
· Managers who may be charged with determining a path for process improvement in their departments or organization.
· Those wishing to learn more about how CMMI can augment process improvement efforts.
|Benefits||It is often difficult demonstrate how benefits can be achieved quickly enough to satisfy those who need to see results promptly. One method that can show both immediate and strategic results for an approach is maturity modeling, which can be tailored for almost any discipline (software process, software integration, project management, data management, governance, etc.).The Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and its derivatives instantiated the concepts of examining progression toward “maturity” in some discipline. The CMM-oriented models measure how much an organization uses defined processes to manage some activity (once again: software process development, system integration, data management, etc|
|Course Contents and Descriptions|
|1. Understanding the capability maturity model
|· The Background of CMM
· Process improvement
· Assessments – their role in organizational development and management
· CMM in relation to other improvement models
· CMM as part of information management
|2. CMM fundamentals
· Moving from level to level
· Key process areas and key process indicators
· Relationship between KPA’s
|3. How to perform a CMM-oriented assessment
· Challenges of assessment
· Appropriate types of assessments using the CMM
· Roles in assessments
· Components of a CMM assessment
· Constructing the assessment scope document
· Defining assessment requirements
· Identifying sources for assessment interviews
· Documenting assessment interviews
· Approaches to assessment development
· Creating the assessment project plan
|4. Understanding the assessment results
|· Evaluating assessment results
· Presenting results
· Using assessment results
· Completing the assessment strategy
· Implementation issues
· Successful strategy situation
|5. Workshop conclusion
· additional exercises, sources for further reading, etc
DURASI WORKSHOP : 3 Hari
TEMPAT WORKSHOP :
- HSP Academy Training Center (Dengan peserta maksimal 15 orang)
- Hotel POP BSD, Grand Zuri BSD atau Fame Hotel Gading Serpong (Dengan peserta diatas 15 orang)
BIAYA WORKSHOP :
Rp. 4,500,000,- (Empat Juta Lima Ratus Ribu Rupiah)
HSP Academy Training Center
Ruko Graha Boulevard Blok D 26 Gading Serpong – Tangerang
Tlp. (021)29001153 atau 29001151
- 0812 1990 1006 atau 0812 8388 6030
$$$$ WORKSHOP CAPABILITY MATURITY MODEL $$$$$